The Smith household has suffered the past couple of days. I know it could be worse, but a feverish, congested 2-yr-old is not much fun. Nathan started with a runny nose on Sunday, and Sunday night woke up with a temperature of about 103. Yesterday afternoon was a nightmare for Gwen. Nathan cried/whined for a few hours after his nap. (He was fine, however, when Daddy got home and could play football with him.)
Combine that with Isaac's 2-month appointment yesterday which meant, that's right, 3 shots. He spent the rest of the day either crying or sleeping. And last night he got a fever and didn't sleep well because he couldn't breathe through his nose.
Otherwise, we're doing OK. Isaac weighs 13 pounds and is over 25" long. On non-shot days, he smiles a lot and is starting to grasp things in his tiny hands.
This morning when I went to the garage, I found that someone had gone through our cars. It didn't look like they took much of anything but the spare change. I called the police, and they will come to take a look tonight when I get home. I doubt they'll catch the person/people, but if they do, they can charge them with at least one more case.
They were probably hoping for GPS units, mp3 players, and cash. They would have been better off taking some of the scrap steel, aluminum, & copper I have around & taking it to the recycling place!
I'm just glad they didn't try to get into the house.
I would say OH MY! But you are right at least they didn't try to get into the house. Hopefully they have moved on and won't be back. And if they went through our vehicles they wouldn't find much either. Hopefully the rest of the week goes a lot better. Give Gwen an extra hug, she needs it and you as well, sick and fussy kids are not fun. Been there, done that! Love you all.
ReplyDelete