He has finally arrived! On Monday morning, Dec. 8th, at 7:45 am, Isaac Calvin was born. He came after less than 4hrs of labor - which I was happy with. Joe, however, will always be reminded by Carrie that he had to take the time to eat breakfast before we left for the hospital. Carrie came to watch Nathan at 6 am and was trying to get us out the door. She should have pushed out the door since we only got to the hospital at 7 am. So the nurses didn't even have time to enter my info in the computer before Isaac was born.
He looks very similar to Nathan when he was a baby, except the dark brown hair. Isaac was 8 lbs 6 oz, 21.5 inches long, 14" around his head.

Isaac is doing great. He sleeps most of the time and has even been pretty good at night. I've even had to wake him up sometimes for him to eat.

Nathan is very excited about being a big brother. He is very loving and gentle with Isaac - when he is paying attention to what he is doing. :) He gives him kisses and gentle hugs and gets his diaper out. He even tries to put Isaac's pacifier in to make him stop crying. Nathan is a little out of sorts in other areas - with the arrival of Isaac. He has been a little more likely to cry and not sleep well. I'm sure things will get better over time.
When Isaac was born, my parents and my sister came to watch Nathan while we were in the hospital. Then Joe's parents and sister, Kim, came to visit today. Now my mom is back to help us
out for this week. Joe is going back to work tomorrow - so I'm very glad mom can help me with the boys. I still have a lot to do before Christmas. All four of us went to get a Christmas tree on Sat. and we'll put it up tomorrow. We'll try to get more pictures of that trip another day. Don't be surprised if our Christmas cards are really late this year - even after Christmas. We'll see.
Congratulations, guys! I'm glad you posted pictures... Can't wait to see him (and you guys, of course) after Christmas. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! He is such a cutie!!! We wish there was a way that we could come see him, but I guess we will just have to enjoy the pictures that you guys will post. Take care and we miss you!!!!
ReplyDeleteyea, i'm so excited to have nathan AND isaac to play with now!
ReplyDelete