I think Nathan enjoyed everything except being near the cows, as you can tell by his face. He was definitely happy that all of the tractors were his favorite color: John Deere green.




Isaac had fun just hanging out in the carrier...and didn't mind the cows.

They also had a John Deere "B" tractor with a wooden snowplow. I thought I would include this for my dad's and Grandpap Smith's sake:

The farm's milking house was built just last year, and was highly automated. They have it all down to a science, weighing all of the ingredients (hay, corn silage, soy, vitamins) that goes into their food mixture. Their fill their 7,000-gallon every other day.
And they "train" the young calves so they will know how to behave when they get old enough to milk.
Afterward, we went to our friends' house and grilled hamburgers (how fitting) and hot dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment