Two years ago, we visited Will & Valerie for Memorial Day. We went to a Memorial Day parade in a nearby town, which lasted about 3 full minutes. If I recall correctly, there was the color guard, the boy scouts, maybe a band. That was it. Definitely the shortest parade I've ever seen.
This Memorial Day we decided to go to the parade in North East. It was the 2nd-shortest parade ever, with the color guard, a band, boy scouts, drum corps, and 1 (one) ambulance.
We got there late, after the band had passed and the boy scouts were walking by. The only thing left was the drum corps and the ambulance. We had missed pretty much everything. So we tried to walk to the cemetery at the end of the parade route, so we could see everything and hear the band.
The only problem was the cemetery was a mile away (1.2 miles to be exact). Poor Nathan's little legs got pretty tired. And I got tired from carrying him part of the way. We never caught up to the band (they were marching pretty fast) and never made it to the cemetery. We went about half-way and realized it wasn't worth it. So Gwen, Nathan, & Isaac sat by the road while I went back to get the car.
Moral of the story: either get to the parade on time or skip it and wait for the Cherry Festival parade. That one is about 4 hours long. I'm not kidding. Ask any local.
Even the Fishertown parade was longer than that. Emily, Clarece and Susan rode in the pony cart and Brent took Savanna on a 4 wheeler. I think that this year's was the longest one that I have seen.
ReplyDelete